2018 Beekeeping Class Information!
2018 Beekeeping 101 Course
Registration is now open for our annual beekeeping class. In this class you will learn strategies and techniques to help you in your quest to become a Beekeeper. The classes are two hours per night for four nights, totaling eight hours.
The goal of this course is to give the new beekeepers the knowledge to successfully acquire a set of bees and get them well established. Successfully beekeeping is a challenging activity and we are here to help you succeed!
Cost for the class is a one time fee of $50 and that includes the following:
- 4 Nights/8 Hours of classroom instruction with hands-on demonstrations
- A copy of the beekeeping book used for class
- A one year membership to the club
- Continuing education every month at hands-on field trips and workshops in member's apiaries throughout the year!
- A list of mentors to assist in your first year of beekeeping.
- Help sessions each month at the club meetings
Some topics we will cover:
- What do you need to do now to be prepared for the Spring bee season?
- How, when and where to order bees.
- What types of bees are available? Pros and cons of each type
- Packages or nucs?
- How to manage the bees during the first 8 weeks.
- Common problems and solutions.
This class will be held:
January 30, 2018 6:30PM-8:30PM
February 6, 2018 6:30PM-8:30PM
February 13, 2018 6:30PM-8:30PM
February 20, 2018 6:30PM-8:30PM
Space is limited so you must RSVP
For more information call or email:
Registration for the 101 course includes one your membership dues for the first year. Please register below.
All classes will be held at the following location:
Seminole Baptist Temple, 4221 S National Ave. Springfield, MO 65810